Well, carneval is over, my prof. has been here, we conducted all the scheduled interviews, I am exhausted from work, stoped partying, vegetating on the couch, and planning my trip to Dahab...
as you can see there was a lot going on the last month... I was wondering why i didnt update the blog... and decided that I was just too exhausted to write anything. But now that people are demanding an update from me... guess I should start writing again.
The last month was quite an up and down... My internship is exhausting me more than I imagined it would. Its not that the work is too demanding but I guess it is related to the working environment. My colleagues are really nice, but its difficult coz the space is very limited, and I dont have my own work space. Furthermore I feel that there is some negative spirit in the air and people are very stressed. And that has quite an effect on me. Last week I came to the decision that I need a break, and hopefully I will get it this weekend. I am planning to go to the Sinai - more precise Dahab. Looks like we will also be quite a group of people. Should be fun.
Oh just to complete the update... two weeks ago my prof. came to Cairo, to serve as moderator in the planning process of my programme, as well as Bettina Koester, who arrived for the interviews that I organised. these interviews are supposed to serve as research material for the project related to "Trust in german-arabic cooperations". Very interesting. I accompanied bettina to some interviews and must say that they were utmost interesting.
Trust ... what a word... its actually fascinating to think about it. How do I build up trust? well for me I came to the conclusion that I am a person who trusts a lot. And i dont wanna miss this trust. But the interviews showed nicely that germans who are of older age, seem to be more trustwrothy than younger guys. And I think that that is actually related to the fact that young professionals who come here for a specific mission, do not recognise the importance of personal relationships, and trust creating rituals. They rely more on contracts then on their opposite person.
Ups... see this is what happens ... once u get into a project u are stuck to it... but its really interesting and i cant wait to see what the result of the research is.
Soooo... guess I wrote more than enough. I shall add a pic of dahab so that u know where i am gonna spend the weekend.
Enjoy your weekend too...
No comments:
Post a Comment