Monday, November 19, 2007

My new companion

Life has changed. I am no longer alone in the streets of Cairo. I found a companion at the German embassy who was looking for a new home, and after thinking back and forth, I finally (after a month or so) took him home with me. Of course I was a little hesistant at the beginning. Didnt know how I would cope here in the streets, but now that I am conqering the streets of Cairo with him - I feel great. He prevents me from the hassel with the taxi drivers, from the fight in the metro getting out of the doors, from spending most of my income on transportation. Well what shall I say, Rocky rocks!!! Even more, now that my dear flatmate Serene made sure we have the right music to accompany us. Thanks Serene!

Well, all i can do is invite you to join me and Rocky on our trip through the streets of Cairo.




Oy, the dent in the bumper was not caused by me!!! It is there to warn the other cars not to joke with me or Rocky!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya Nadia,
ist es zu fassen, Du noch in Kairo und nicht irgendwo anders in der Welt! Schön Dich hier zu finden!
Hatte eigentlich nur nach unserem geliebten After8 gegoogelt und bin auf Deinen Blog gestossen!
Werde insha'allah im Sommer wieder in good old Cairo sein!
Grüß Mochtar... ;-) falls der noch da ist... im Zweifel!
Knutscher aus England!
Die Gaga/ Geertje

Anonymous said...

Übrigens... Mabrouk zum neuen Auto!
Rocky rockt wirklich!
;-)

Anonymous said...

Himmel... ich bin vergesslich...
bist du auf studivz oder facebook... würde sooo gerne wieder mit Dir in Kontakt kommen.
bin hier auch im blog unte gagasblog...
CU there!